Sunday 4 October 2009

Competition Winners...!

Congratulations to Maggie Croft of New Zealand, and "Sillydoll" of South Africa for being the first to identify the mystery picture as being a detail of the wonderful cross-section model of the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in the Museo das Peregrinaciónes in that city.

If you haven't been to the Museo, and especially if you are on your way to Fisterre and have time for only one museum, don't miss the Museo das Peregrinaciónes. It's full of fascinating stuff (the models alone are worth the visit), in my opinion far better than the cathedral museum (staff who actually know what they are talking about), and best of all, it's free!

I vowed almost 8 years ago that I would bring Priscillian the bishop and the story of the injustices surrounding his life and execution to the notice of as many people as I possibly could. Very shortly he and his message will be winging their way to two more places in the south hemisphere. I am always absolutely astonished at the locations visitors to this site come from: everywhere from Virginia to Vanuatu. It is truly a wonderful reward for a lot of hard work put into researching and writing Pilgrimage to Heresy, and also very gratifying for me and The Blog Dog to see that so many of you are enjoying my posts. Thank you for your super comments and keep them coming!
.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Tracy,
    Congratulations to the winners!
    I searched a few times on http://www.ats.ucla.edu/videos/compostela_choir_ref.mov and http://www.digitalinnovations.ucla.edu/2007/ccc/projects/Dagenais.htm but couldn't match the incoming light on your picture.
    The shadows came from the wrong side, I thought… Boy, was I close!
    Another reason for a visit …
    Brassa's!
    Geerτ
    http://the-santiago-enigma-continued.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete